Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Nullabor











Down through Kambalda West and Norseman and we turn East to start on the Nullabor. I thought I knew what it would be like having flown over it many times and so was surprised at how treed it was. The stretch that is 146 k long without a bend was fun …….. in the beginning!


The trees started to wane and finally gave way to open plains. Just like I expected! Much of the way along there is an amazing bluff running parallel to the road which you come down off for many km before going back up on top of it at Eucla. 12km on we passed through the border at Border Village. The woman in the servo told Tony it was 44!!!! And it felt every bit of that. It was so damned hot even I had to have iceblocks in my water. It is one hell of a long trip across there and not a lot to show for it.

In all we took 3 nights to go across and at least I can say I have driven the Nullabor.

No comments: